HP TouchPad (32GB with Wi-Fi, webOS, Black)
Discontinued product - as an alternative, please look at the HP TouchPad (16GB with Wi-Fi, Black)
Business & Government
- Free quick quotes, Low prices
- Discounts on bulk orders
HP TouchPad Accessories and Cases
- Phone Halo Wallet trackR
- Motorola Moto Hint Black
HP TouchPad Features
The HP TouchPad is the first tablet computer powered by webOS, the operating system devloped by Palm/HP. Designed to work like you, thanks to its multitasking capabilities the TouchPad is a great enterprise device that makes you instantly productive with access to business applications such as Citirx Receiver. But it also has plenty to offer home users, including 1080p playback on the 9.7 inch 1024x768 resolution (4:3 ratio) capacitive touchscreen, music powered by Beats Audio technology and a host of great pre-installed apps such as Bing Maps, Quick Office (to edit Office documents), YouTube, Facebook and more.
Housed within the TouchPad's sleek design is a dual-core ARM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2GHz precessor, 1 GB of RAM, a micro-USB port and enough battery life for up to eight hours continuous use. The TouchPad's multitasking prowess lets it work like nothing else, allowing you to focus on many things at once; apps, emails, Facebook, the internet, you calendar and more are all at your fingertips and controlled with a simple swipe or flick of webOS's intelligent card system.
Features you'll love:
- The first webOS tablet, with an intuitive and refreshing visual user interface - flip, stack and move between active apps seamlessly with a viual representation of your workspace so you can mamange your workflow in a natural way
- Integration with your Palm phone and other HP products, including wireless printing
- Multitask as you do; focus on as many tasks as you need to and control them all with simple swipes
- Smart notifications that allow you to act on what's important; manage your tablet world from the menu bar
- Wireless charging wit the HP Touchstone dock (sold seperately)
- Full HD 1080p video playback plus HTML 5 and Adobe Flash support so you can enjoy everything on the web
- Front-facing 1.3MP camera for video calling
With its vibrant 9.7-inch diagonal flush capacitive multitouch display, virtual keyboard, instant-on access, support for Adobe® Flash® Player in the browser and access to thousands of webOS applications, TouchPad works the way you do and is designed not just for fun but for mobile productivity.
It's ideal for anyone who wants the benefits of the amazing webOS platform on a much bigger scale.
The TouchPad user interface is a visual representation of your workspace, so you can manage your workflow in a naturally intuitive way that's easy and fun. The power of webOS true multitasking lets you have multiple applications running at the same time. webOS shows you your activities in the form of cards, not a sea of application icons on numerous home screens.
This helps you do all the things you want to do, all at once, so you can listen to music, update your status on Facebook, read email and chat on IM at the same time. As you launch new activities, webOS will automatically group related cards – for example, an email and an associated web page – together in a card stack, so you can easily track all related items together.
TouchPad offers a great internet experience around the house or on the go, so you can manage your busy life, be productive wherever you are and stay connected with work, friends, family and social networks. It keeps you connected anywhere there's Wi-Fi for easy access to the web and entertainment.
- Shipping Weight: 3.17kg
- Operating system: HP webOS
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz
- Display: 9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display
- Keyboard: Virtual keyboard
- Email: Microsoft® Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology / POP3/IMAP (Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™, AOL, Hotmail®, etc.)
- Messaging: Integrated IM and SMS
- GPS: A-GPS (3G models only)
- Digital camera: Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling
- Sensors: Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer), and gyroscope
- Media formats supported: Audio formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV / Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication; Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
- Memory: 32GB internal storage
- Battery: Rechargeable 6300 mAh (typical) battery
- Connector: Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Headphone jack: 3.5mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Speakers: Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio™
- HP Touchstone for TouchPad: Compatible
- Dimensions: Width: 240mm (9.45 inches) / Height: 190mm (7.48 inches) / Thickness: 13.7mm (0.54 inches)
- Weight: Approximately 740 grams (1.6 pounds)
- by Ale
- 10 November 2011
pros and cons
I love webos since the Palm Pre. And the TouchPad is a very good device: interface, the sound (that's amazing), easy of use. The Cons: big lack of apps and the fact that webos seems on sale again. It still has some bugs that are probably hard to fix. On a side note, for some reasons they took out the MS Outlook Tasks integration which I love on my Palm Pre. Overall it's a great device but probably too expensive for what you get
- by Confused
- 22 November 2011
Great Product shame about the price
I bought one of these (elsewhere) when HP discounted them. Expansys needs to be realistic about there price. I would buy another at a the fire sale price.
Customers who bought this also bought
Please also consider
- ARCHOS ChefPad UK, Wi-Fi, 8GB