Nokia N900 Smartphone (32GB)
This product has been discontinued, the information below is for reference purposes only.
- SKU: 186949
- , EAN: 5055147549597
- , Mfr: RX51BLK_UK
- , Brand: Nokia
NOKIA for Business
Contact: 0845 463 3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nokia N900 Smartphone Accessories and Cases
- Jabra BT2046 without charger
- mobio Go - Car Mount
- Jabra Solemate Black, NFC
- Quirky Pivot Power UK, White
- Jabra Storm
Nokia N900 Smartphone Features
- Genuinely feels more like a PC then a phone to use
- Can handle full Adobe Flash web pages
- Desktop class web browser
- Software feels unfinished
- They keyboard feels a little cramped
- Resistive (stylus based) touch screen
What our customers say:
“ Very Good Phone!: The OS is fast and responsive and it has all the apps I really care to have. If you want you can join up with maemo and develop what you don't have. It works the way I want a phone to work (like a tablet PC).
10 May 2010”
“ Love It... But: I love my N900. At first I was disappointed. Big, no apps etc, but then you soon realise, why do you need a Facebook app (for instance) when the full webpage including chat etc work like a desktop browser, even over 3G!!
05 May 2010”
“ Wow: Totally blown away by this phone. Really easy to use and can be tailored to your requirements by the excellent desktop arrangements.... There isn't another phone on the market that can touch this at the minute.
24 January 2010”
What we say:
“ Nokia want phones to become pocket computers and the N900 is the boldest step we've seen in this direction. Running a slightly modified PC OS, using the N900 you can see the potential. The generous 32GB of memory and the high quality 5 mega-pixel camera all tie together to make the N900 an excellent media player. If your prepared to work and tinker with the N900 then you'll be rewarded with a device that redefines what a phone should be. ”
|Dimensions||110.9mm (L) x 59.8mm (W) x 18mm (T) / 1181g
|Memory Type||microSDHC Card|
At the heart of this mobile computer is its powerful 600 MHz processor and up to 1GB of application memory. The super scalar ARM processor delivers exceptional power and enables you to run all your applications quickly, smoothly, and simultaneously.
Large internal storage:
The built-in 32 GB storage is big enough to store up to 7,000 of your favourite songs or 40 hours of dvd-quality video. And with an external microsdhc card you can expand the storage to up to 48 GB.
Fast wireless broadband:
For the first time get high-speed broadband that's as fast as an internet connection at home. Enjoy rich interactive content across the web and view pages the way they should be seen with stunning full-screen browsing.
High-quality digital camera:
Capture vivid images and DVD-quality widescreen video with the integrated 5-megapixel camera. The Carl Zeiss optical lens brings added clarity, while the dual LED flash lets you take great pictures day or night.
Powerful hardware packed into a sleek, compact design. The Nokia N900 mobile computer features a sharp 800 x 480 touch-screen display and a fully integrated Qwerty keyboard.
Integrated A-GPS navigation:
Find your position quickly and accurately with the built-in Assisted-GPS receiver. The Nokia N900 works seamlessly with Ovi Maps to give you the quickest available route as you navigate from A to B.
In the box:
- Nokia N900
- Battery (BL-5J)
- Mains Charger (AC-10)
- Wired Stereo Headset (WH-205)
- TV Out Cable (CA-75U)
- Charger Adapter (CA-146C)
- Cleaning Cloth
- Release Date: Monday 16th November 2009
- Shipping Weight: 0.62kg
110.9 × 59.8 × 18 (19.55 at thickest part) mm
- Weight: 181g
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (Quad-Band)
- WCDMA: 900/1700//2100 (Dual-Band)
- HSDPA (10Mbps)
- HSUPA (2Mbps)
- 3.5 inch touch-sensitive widescreen display
- 800 × 480 pixel resolution
- 5 megapixel camera (2584 × 1938 pixels)
- Image formats: JPEG
- CMOS sensor, Carl Zeiss optics, Tessar lens
- 3 × digital zoom
- Autofocus with assist light and two-stage capture key
- Dual LED flash
- Full-screen viewfinder
- Photo editor on device
- TV out (PAL/NTSC) with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-75U, included in box) or WLAN/UPnP
- Landscape (horizontal) orientation
- Capture modes: Automatic, portrait, video, macro, landscape, action
- Wide aspect ratio 16:9 (WVGA)
- Video recording file format: .mp4; codec: MPEG-4
- Video recording at up to 848 × 480 pixels (WVGA) and up to 25fps
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263
- Music and audio playback:
- Maemo media player
- Music playback file formats: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma, .m4a
- Built-in FM transmitter
- Ring tones: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma, .m4a
- FR, EFR, WCDMA, and GSM AMR
- Digital stereo microphone
- 32 GB internal storage
- Store up to 7000 MP3 songs or 40 hours of high-quality video
- Up to 16 GB of additional storage with an external microSD card.
- Keys and input method:
- Full QWERTY tactile keyboard
- Full QWERTY onscreen keyboard
- 3.5mm AV connector
- TV out (PAL/NTSC) with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable
- Micro-USB connector, High-Speed USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v2.1 including support for stereo headsets
- Integrated FM transmitter
- Integrated GPS with A-GPS
- GPS and navigation:
- Integrated GPS, Assisted-GPS, and Cell-based receivers
- Pre-loaded Ovi Maps application
- Automatic geotagging.
- Model: BL-5J
- Capacity: 1320 mAh
- Talk Time: TBC hrs
- Standby Time: TBC hrs
- Music Playback Time: TBC hrs
- Video Playback Time: TBC hrs
- Processor and 3D accelerator:
- TI OMAP 3430: ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHz, PowerVR SGX with OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- by Anonymous
- 28 September 2010
really good one!
- by Andy Thomas
- 29 July 2010
What a superb handheld PC and phone
As a UNIX/Linux sys admin and programmer, I deliberately chose this phone as it's the only pocketable Debian Linux handheld PC around with superb connectivity (wi-fi, 3G, GPRS, etc) and a really good and very usable little keyboard. So I can log into any *n*x system remotely via ssh and whatever network connection is available and get work done. Currently running a MySQL database server on my N900 and doing development work on my daily commute - it's great! Loads of software on the Maemo site too and in the Ovi store. Oh, and it's a lovely phone too!
- by Joseph
- 17 July 2010
Glad to find a unique phone
I have been looking for something unique for some time and Nokia has delivered a very powerful tablet phone. I use this more as a tablet PC rather than a phone and have a pre-pay SIM card just for data use, when I am not in a WiFi zone. If you are a geek, having UNIX command line access with tools like sed, awk, Perl is really good. This phone is as practical as the Nokia Communicator 9110 that I had many years ago. One thing to be mindful of is that all this processing power comes at a cost, i.e. battery life. The n900 will definitely need to be charged daily. If you use it heavily like I do, then you might want to keep the mains/USB charger handy. At the moment the bulk of the applications are being written by Maemo but hopefully there will be more applications available from the Nokia Ovi site.
by jackmire on 29 March 2010 at 11:36
by Pride on 29 October 2010 at 20:23
by guymit on 26 May 2010 at 19:58
by BobW2 on 12 July 2010 at 22:54
by straycat27 on 21 January 2010 at 20:31
by entwisi on 29 September 2009 at 14:41
by Black ninja